The Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Verizon IndyCar Series will be holding a pep rally on Monument Circle in Downtown Indianapolis on May 7, 2014. Various Verizon IndyCar Series Drivers will gather to help the City of Indianapolis prepare for an action-packed, speed-filled month of May. The Pep Rally will be held from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm on […]
Tag Archive for Mayor Greg Ballard
Around 8:55pm Saturday, at least 43 people were injured and four people died as a result of the Grand Stand Stage collapsing at the Indiana State Fair. A wind gust estimated between 60 and 70 miles per hour blew through the infield of the Indiana State Fairgrounds just minutes before Sugarland was scheduled to take the stage. Everyone at Naptown Buzz is praying for those in attendance at the fair and their families and is very thankful for the Hoosiers that helped other Hoosiers.
IndyStateFair Indiana State Fair: Please stand by for more info on this tragedy. There have been four confirmed deaths. Our prayers are with the families of all affected.
Sugarlandmusic Sugarland: We are all right. We are praying for our fans, and the people of Indianapolis. We hope you’ll join us. They need your strength.
MayorBallard Mayor Greg Ballard: Thoughts and prayers are with those injured at the Indiana State Fair tonight. We are monitoring the situation and will provide updates
blakeshelton Blake Shelton: My prayers to the people at the Sugarland concert in Indianapolis…. Absolutely shocking and hard to comprehend… Beyond belief…
UPDATE: Sunday, August 14, 2011 @ 1:50am
- The Indiana State Fair will be closed on Sunday, August 14, 2011.
- The Indiana State Fair is expected to resume on Monday, August 15, 2011.
- When the Indiana State Fair is reopened, there will be a memorial service for the victims.
- Four people are confirmed dead with the possibility of an increase in fatalities.
- The next public update will take place between 9an & noon on Sunday, August 14, 2011.
UPDATE: Sunday, August 14, 2011 @ 10:40am
- Death total increased to five:
- Tammy Vandam, 42, Wanatah, Indiana
- Glenn Goodrich, 49, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Alina Bigjohnny, 23, Ft. Wayne, Indiana
- Christina Santiago, 29, Chicago, Illinois
- Nathan Byrd, 51, Indianapolis, Indiana
- More than 40 injured and taken to local hospitals.
- The Indiana State Police say that there is still the possibility of further fatalities.
- The Indiana State Fair will reopen at 8am on Monday, August 15, 2011, with a public remembrance at the Free Stage at 9am.
- Upcoming fair concerts are still being worked out.