The first few weeks of swimming lessons at Goldfish Swim School were fun, but tough. #BabyB was battling multiple ear infections over several weeks. It was hard for him to focus on anything let along swimming lessons. Well, instead of cancelling swim lessons (as suggested by many concerned individuals), we bought some ear plugs. Guess what? #BabyB hasn’t had an ear infection since! We’re not saying the only reason he had ear infections was because of the pool, but my point is that I am not going to take something away from my kid (especially something that could be life saving) without trying out some other options first.
#BabyB’s awesome and super fun teacher (Kylie) and I had a convo last class that just made so much sense. When we first started lessons, #BabyB was getting used to the water, the class, and the people, so naturally, he had a learning curve to overcome. However, it wasn’t until after we started using ear plugs that he really started participating. Imagine wanting to go underwater, jump in the pool, or float on your back but you hesitate because you know it will hurt your ears. How awful! Earplugs made all the difference. We have to get his attention a little more purposefully now (I’m convinced he can’t hear anything!), but he gets to enjoy the water, have fun, and learn at the same time. It’s totally worth it.
Q: How do I register for lessons?
- Choose your child’s level (See level descriptions under swim lessons). If you are unsure of what level to sign up for, our sales staff will be happy to help with the placement of your child.
- Decide how many classes you would like to take per week. The monthly cost is based on your child taking one class per week. Your child will receive a multiple class discount (7% per class) if you choose to take 2+ classes per week. (Group lessons only)
- Call or stop by Carmel and we will register your child for lessons.
- Reserve your class spot with a credit card, debit card or checking/savings account.
- Lastly, remember to show up 15 minutes prior to your child’s first lesson. At that time, we will have you fill out our Swim Lesson Registration Form to finalize your booking. As a reminder, your child will not be able to swim until this form has been completed and turned into Carmel.
- You may also register online for lessons, however, not all of our locations offer online registration, so please check the specific location page to see if that option is offered.